If this is your first time here, Hello!!! I'm Shibani.
For the rest of you - hey friends, great to see you again.
To catch you up on the short story of my life - I was born in Mumbai, India, and moved to the U.S. as an adult, attending Miami University. My education was in economics, and after a year in sales, I moved to Cleveland to marry my college boyfriend, Nick. Fast forward some years, and I've been living in Cleveland for 14 years, with Nick and our 3 adopted rescue boxers - Clair, Webster and Reggie. My day job is with KeyBank, as an Initiative Development Manager focused on Business Development Strategy, and in 2015, I started not one, but TWO businesses. One, you're already familiar with - my online jewelry boutique, which of course, is also why you're here. The second, is a blogger collective that aims to amplify and elevate the voices of the women of Northeast Ohio - She In The CLE.
So the super abridged version aside, here are 10 things you may not know about me.
1. When I was younger, I really really REALLY wanted to try out for the Miss India pageant. However, I moved to the U.S. before I reached the eligible age for tryout - I never moved back, and got married at 23 and was promptly inedible again. I think it was just because I really love tiaras.
2. I was a fairly decent tennis player as a kid - I was ranked #3 in the Under 10 category at one point. I haven't picked up a racket in years, but I'm fully confident that it would take me no time at all to get back into it. Come to think of it, I think I may just get back into tennis this year!
3. I love cameras and I love public speaking. I've been a "model" for a number of local businesses including Destination Cleveland, the Cleveland Museum of Art, KeyBank, Yellowcake, Studio Chartreuse, Deboe Studio, and so many others. I think people like to "cast" me in their photoshoots because they know I will say yes! My dream is to have my own TV show - topic TBD.
4. I've had 2 celebrity encounters in my life. The first was the time I stood behind Alec Baldwin at Raegan airport in the security line. Alec Baldwin was very slow going through security, and he didn't go through any magical VIP line. The second was the time Donnie Wahlberg touched my hand at an NKOTB concert - we made eye contact.
5. I am very messy. VERY messy.
6. I have 6 tattoos, not including permanent eyeliner. I fantasize about getting a half or full sleeve down my right arm.
7. I am convinced that I have undiscovered talents - its part of the reason I continue to try new things because I might just discover a new talent!!
8. I am an only child, and I was an only grandchild for the first nine years of my life, but I never felt lonely because I'm an extreme extrovert. Most of the my real life friends in Cleveland are friendships that started on social media.
9. I didn't learn to drive until I was 21, and I failed my driving test 3 times before I finally passed it.
10. I fantasize about doing a project related to Indian food.