I've found the perfect work to gym bag that holds your laptop and your gym essentials all in one ergonomic, well designed, sleek package. If you’re looking for a review of the Lululemon City Adventurer backpack, I’ve got you covered!
When I wrote my original post on the 10 Thoughts That Cross My Mind in Yoga, I immediately received a request from one of my favorite spin instructors, Tiffany L. for my thoughts during spin class. Now spin is a little different for me compared to yoga-- I've been doing it for 6 years, I teach spin myself, and even though it kicks my ass every.single.time, because its something I'm good at, its almost easier than yoga. That doesn't mean my mind doesn't wander though, and here are 10 thoughts that cross my mind when I'm taking a spin class (a little context: I'm usually at a 6:30 am class, so this is pretty early in the morning)
1. UGH this is SO EARLY --- if I close my eyes through the warm up, what are the chances I can let my body think I'm still asleep?
2. WE'RE SPRINTING!!! Breathe Breathe Breathe-- oh, this doesn't feel so bad… (60 seconds later) I lied, my legs are ON FIRE
3. When is she going to turn on the fans? SWEET JESUS TURN ON THE FANS!!!
4. OOOH there's Missy/Janet --- TURN UP THE VOLUME!! what feels like 15 minutes later….These ladies just keep singing…. END.THE.SONG.
5. Still sprinting?! Oh my God, when does this end?
6. Finally a hill- at least I can catch my breath
7. I really love the 90s. These throwback jams are MY JAM!!!
8. Weights. I really hate these shoulder exercises. WHY ARE 3LB WEIGHTS SO HEAVY?!?!
9. Sprint home!! Let's do this!!!!
10. As I'm walking out all sweaty If I get a juice right now, does that make me completely basic?
I really love spin -- it is, by far, my favorite workout. And honestly, its because I'm friends with the instructors, a lot of friends attend the same classes I do, and I've made friends in class! And even though our interaction is usually brief (I'm chronically late), its nice to see friendly faces. And I love the music and the atmosphere.
I will say this to any newbie rider: it is tough. You will definitely have saddle soreness, and probably feel like you're dying. All of that is perfectly normal, and perfectly fine and honestly, if I take two weeks off, it feels like I'm starting over all over again too. Don't sweat it--you're doing great.
Now, who will I see on a bike next to me?
I've mentioned this before but I've made an effort to reinvigorate my yoga practice. And by reinvigorate, I mean restart, because since early last summer, I've been all spin. all the time. So I know you're supposed to stay present in yoga, but frankly, I have to let my mind wander just to distract myself from how much pain I'm in. And while I let my mind wander, here are some of things that cross my mind:
1. I really hope we start off laying down
2. Wow. I really need a pedicure. When did my feet start looking like that?!
3. Unngghhh. Damn pushups… Is it too soon to be in child's pose?
4. ooooh, that twist feels good
5. ouch ouch ouch
6. When did I lose all my flexibility?!
7. Why did I buy a polka-dot mat? Its making me dizzy
8. Oooh, that's a pretty tattoo. Should I get another foot tattoo? Is that stupid? What would I get?
9. ahhhhh savasana….
10. What do you mean wiggle your fingers? Can't I just lay here a little longer?
I'm not gonna lie, these first few classes back have been rough: I feel like I've been hit by a truck because my muscles are so sore, but I always sleep so soundly after a class! I'm really looking forward to building strength as I continue this practice this year-- I'd LOVE to be able to do a handstand going into 2017!! Will I make it? I'll keep you posted!