Do your resolutions for this year include more wellness related behaviors? This post offers a short list of tools that may help you achieve your goals.
I've mentioned this before but I've made an effort to reinvigorate my yoga practice. And by reinvigorate, I mean restart, because since early last summer, I've been all spin. all the time. So I know you're supposed to stay present in yoga, but frankly, I have to let my mind wander just to distract myself from how much pain I'm in. And while I let my mind wander, here are some of things that cross my mind:
1. I really hope we start off laying down
2. Wow. I really need a pedicure. When did my feet start looking like that?!
3. Unngghhh. Damn pushups… Is it too soon to be in child's pose?
4. ooooh, that twist feels good
5. ouch ouch ouch
6. When did I lose all my flexibility?!
7. Why did I buy a polka-dot mat? Its making me dizzy
8. Oooh, that's a pretty tattoo. Should I get another foot tattoo? Is that stupid? What would I get?
9. ahhhhh savasana….
10. What do you mean wiggle your fingers? Can't I just lay here a little longer?
I'm not gonna lie, these first few classes back have been rough: I feel like I've been hit by a truck because my muscles are so sore, but I always sleep so soundly after a class! I'm really looking forward to building strength as I continue this practice this year-- I'd LOVE to be able to do a handstand going into 2017!! Will I make it? I'll keep you posted!
Anyway, the goal of last night's party was to discuss the Red Carpet, and these were my top 2 dresses:
I also really loved Kerry Washington's dress, but in retrospect, I do agree with other commenters that the bottom of her dress needed a good steaming.
Any thoughts on Oscar fashions?
Weight on 11/11/2013: 153 lbs
Weight loss: 0!!!
UGH! I am really mad that I didn't lose ANY weight this week, but I can pinpoint the exact combination of things I did wrong:
1. I ate WAY too much artificial sugar, mainly in the form of dessert left over from the Divali party we hosted last weekend. This problem has since been fixed: I threw all the dessert in the trash. (If you're curious Divali/Diwali/Deepavali are all the same thing)
2. I didn't work out enough. I normally work out 5x a week, and this week I only did 4 workouts. Zumba, Strength Training, Barre, and a workout DVD. While not bad, I didn't work out at ALL this weekend, which certainly didn't help with..
3. Alcohol. This is my downfall. This Friday we were are at a going-away party, which ended up with late night Taco Bell (I know, I know…) and Saturday, we were at Matt's #GiveMe30 Birthday party. Champers and pudding shots. Tabitha is a pudding shot genius, and unfortunately, I had too many.
So, lessons learned.
On the plus side, I made a life-changing new purchase: a reconditioned Vitamix!! If you're not familiar with the Vitamix, where have you been? Its the absolute gold standard for blenders, and is seriously amazing. It blends everything so so smooth, and can even make soup!! Tonight I made a broccoli-cheddar soup for dinner, but adapted the recipe to make it lower calorie!
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup 1% organic milk
1/2 cup sharp cheddar
1 head broccoli (from Fresh Fork)
1/4 leftover cauliflower
salt + pepper to taste
And ALL I had to do was blend it!! It made 3 huge cups of soup, so I have lunch for tomorrow too!! I also made a beet and apple smoothie this week, but I loathe beets (they taste like mud) so I just sucked it up and chugged it for the nutrients.
Anyway, I am committed to doing better as far as food + exercise go this week. I need to lose these 3 lbs ASAP! I am missing out on some really awesome sales!!!